Many residents have sought admission to the home as an escape from elements in their previous living arrangements, which threatened their safety or caused them fear. We, therefore, aim to provide an environment and structure of support, which responds to this need in the following ways:
- Offering assistance with tasks and in situations, which would otherwise be perilous for residents.
- Avoiding as far as possible the dangers especially common among older people, notably the risk of falling.
- Protecting residents from all forms of abuse and from all possible abusers.
- Providing readily accessible channels for dealing with complaints by residents.
- Creating an atmosphere in the home which residents experience as open, positive and inclusive.